11.07.2012

Confession--time to finish it up!

I have at least 8 quilts that are lap size, up to queen size, that are in line for quilting!  One of these was meant to be finished for my own bed, about two years ago!  My goal for the rest of the year is to work on these quilts and not start a new one. 


The first quilt to be finished is this pretty purple batik one, tentatively titled "Shades of Gray" (and I called it this waaaaay before a book of similar name was published).  This is for a specific person and I don't think she'll be expecting this.  :) (Also in this picture: a Penn State pillowcase that is made from the very first t-shirt my mom bought when she went to college.) The good news about most of these projects is that I have the backing fabric, thread and batting already!  Just have to decide how to quilt them...  (Any ideas for this one?)
 I also have some smaller projects or my pay-it-forward handmade items to make.  There are five of these projects to work on and I've started two of them.  And the cats on this pile are for a third.  Yes, I am doing all small quilts or wall hangings even though I don't have to.  Quilts make people happy, right?  :D
Plus I am going to hand finish the binding on a special quilt for a swap.  That is one of two hand sewing projects I have.  The other is the postage stamp quilt that I work on when the kids are at swimming (yes, Amanda, I am slowly working on it!). 

1 comment:

  1. Good! Let me know when to stop sending scraps! :0

    ReplyDelete