2.13.2012

boats


I didn't make any time for sewing this weekend even though I want to get Henry's quilt done ASAP for his new full size bed. I did get to the local quilt shop and use my Superbowl coupon to get some fabric to use to make boats. Someone in my birthday blocks group has asked for nautical blocks using red, white and aqua.

I did two 6.5" inch blocks that I planned to join together with two other small blocks, but I made a tiny mistake in the boat on the left and did not want to send that, but I love it so much that I'm planning to make more boats for myself. :) I still have to make that nautical block, and I may do a larger version of the left boat. The aqua fabric seen here matches perfectly with our bedroom walls (this is not a coincidence!). Thus, more boat blocks (and maybe a lighthouse or other nautical inspired block) are coming my way, though I am not going to limit my self to these three colors for mine. :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I like your boats. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! My next boats will not be red! heh

      Delete