9.14.2009

Delectable Mountains


This is the first queen size quilt that I've finished. I have several more "in process," one of which is being hand quilted, and because I don't have time for it, it's still not done, though nearly there. Anyway, I present to you the wedding quilt I made for H and R. That is DH holding the quilt and I think it also shows off the border pretty well. H said that she thinks it beautiful and that it looks even more gorgeous in person. That's more than enough to make a quilter happy. The pattern is Delectable Mountains and I used the design in an issue of American Patchwork and Quilting (add issue later). And for good measure, another photo of it that I love:

I quilted on my machine, a Bernina 440QE (without the E). I love the BSR (stitch regulator) and am pleased with how (most) of the quilting turned out.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! I'd love to learn how to quilt, but for now I'll have to stick with knitting and crocheting.

    I look forward to seeing more of your quilts on here, though I know it's hard to keep a blog updated with a little in in the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours!!! Great job. :D

    ReplyDelete